March 23, 2013


Hi, y'all. I was in NOLA last weekend for the Record Raid [found a few fine fetishes to bring back] on Saturday and also managed to catch an outstanding double bill at d.b.a. on Frenchmen Street that night featuring locals Good Enough For Good Times and Corey Henry's Treme Funktet [great sound in the club with Benny Hare running the board] - a funky good time for sure.

The fun continued the next day, as I got up and just made it over to Central City for the Super Sunday 2013 Mardi Gras Indian parade before heading home. Here are some more photos I took along the route. If I hadn't been an extra crispy geez by that point, I would have stayed for the big post-parade throwdown in Davis Park with multiple brass bands, et al.

Stay tuned, got another music post on the burner........


Anonymous Jipes said...

Wonderful pics Dan, that's still one of my dreams to see a Mardi Gras Indians parade in the streets of New Orleans I dream of that since 1999. We plan to come for Mardi Gras next year I hope it's gonna be OK

9:19 AM, March 24, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home