March 14, 2010

Rockie Charles RIP

Via Alex Rawls at Offbeat, I learned of Rockie's passing the other day. Alex thoughtfully emailed to ask permission to link to my post on Rockie and use my photo of him at Jazzfest on their brief website notice.

Rockie's "official" obituary can be found at nola.com*. Sad to hear he's gone. I'll have to dig out the one other 45 I have by him and put it up - as time permits.

*And by the way, nola.com used my label shot of Rockie's first 45 without credit or asking. Not that I really mind, but . . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger Hunter said...

I checked the nola page to see your picture, found they used mine for that first one

1:31 PM, March 15, 2010  
Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Glad to know I am in good company, Hunter!

3:10 PM, March 15, 2010  
Blogger Alison F. said...

Dan/Hunter, I am sorry. I wrote the nola.com obit and put that pic up there. I'd grabbed it for something P-Stomp related in the past and had it floating around on my computer.

6:24 PM, May 05, 2010  
Blogger Hunter said...

@Alison, I was only really mentioning it because I thought it was funny. I'm probably more pleased that you thought it was worth using than upset that it wasn't attributed. So yeah, it's cool

7:32 PM, May 05, 2010  
Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Hey, Allison. No hard feelings at all. Just found it ironic that a serious journalism site nicked my label shot. But I wouldn't have put it up on the post if I didn't want it seen - for its rarity, not for my sketchy photographic skills.

I'm with Hunter on the attribution point. Keep up the good work over on the legit side of blogdom and music writing.

8:33 PM, May 05, 2010  
Blogger Alison F. said...

Thanks - glad there are no hard feelings. I wrote it on a super fast deadline. Would hate to have y'all mad at me... I lose some serious "work" hours tooling around this blog... :)

10:23 PM, May 05, 2010  
Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Yeah you rite, this is the blog that productivity forgot.

12:19 AM, May 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home