February 22, 2006

For Pops

My family's Carnival season took an unexpected turn for the worse yesterday with the death of my wife's father, Jemy Plaisance. He had not been in good health for some time; but the sudden case of pneumonia that claimed him surprised and saddened us all. He left behind two sons, two daughters, six grandchildren, one great-grandchild, and several siblings of his own.

I am still going to try to post the Carnival music I had set aside for this run-up to Mardi Gas (next Tuesday, the 28th). But I could not do so without saying that I will be offering it in honor of my late father-in-law, who we call Pops.

All the best to you and yours. Enjoy life while you can. You never know what's around the corner, y'all.
Peace

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God bless Pops and you, his family, in your time of grief.

7:11 AM, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, all my condolences and best wishes to you and your family. And thanks for everything you do here.

6:31 PM, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Condolences to you and your family.

Anon- Boston

9:14 PM, February 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wished to you and your family from me as well, Dan.

Dominik

7:46 AM, February 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home